This course aims for operational Straddle Carrier (SC) operators. A multifunctional knowledge is required in order to become a SC operator.
The course provides sufficient theoretical knowledge and practical skill to operate a SC in a safe and cost saving way taking into account the legal prescriptions.
This course is aimed at both the beginner as the more experienced operator.
- the Straddle Carrier: to provide necessary experience and skills to handle containers
- theoretical insight on the Straddle Carrier and the functionality of the equipment
- overview on terminal operations
- over-all safety and accident prevention
- the correct use of the equipment and cargo to reduce damage
- professional use of the vehicle
- economical and ecological use of the equipment in order to reduce maintenance costs
This training is aimed at both the beginning and experienced operator with a minimum age of 18 years.
The candidate has a safety attitude and a developed responsibility.
A good eye-sight, a perfect hearing and medical qualification is required.
- Where: at the clients company/terminal
- When: at clients convenience
- Duration of the training: depends on trainees expertise (minimum 1 day)
- Number of trainees: maximum 2 per vehicle per 1 trainer per vehicle